Stories for KS1
Questions for The Amazing Adventures of Chilly Billy part one
1. What did you have to promise to do before Mrs G would let you in on her secret?
2. What happens when you open your fridge?
3. What is the little man's name that lives in the fridge?
4. Why do you think he is called 'Chilly' Billy?
5. What does the word 'remarkable' mean?
6.What is Chilly Billy's job?
7. What must you remember not to do and why?
8. How can Chilly Billy walk upside down?
9. Write about what adventures you would get up to if you were Chilly Billy. Think about how small he is and the amazing boots he wears as well as all of his other special features!
Chilly Billy questions part 2
1. What did Mrs G mean when she said 'my stomach was whispering to the rest of me'?
2. What did Mrs G want to eat?
3. Why didn't Mrs G turn the light on in the kitchen?
4. What happened when she opened the fridge door?
5. What was strange about Mrs G's fridge freezer? What could she hear?
6. How did Mrs G find Chilly Billy?
7. Where was he sleeping?
8. How did Mrs G feel about a little man sleeping in her fridge?
9. How did the little man feel about being shouted at? What words make you think this?
10. How did Mrs G and Chilly Billy show that they had forgiven each other?
- Where was Chilly Billy at the start of the story?
- What was he doing?
- What made him stop?
- What was the name of the caterpillar?
- Where was the caterpillar from?
- How did he get into the fridge?
- How would you react if you found a caterpillar in your lettuce? Has this ever happened to you?
- How did Chilly Billy get the caterpillar out of the fridge?
- What did Stripey Norman forget to do?
- Can you write a few sentences to describe what Stripey Norman might do next?