Have a go at writing your story using your story plan.
Read the 'things to remember' list below and think about how you could use these skills in your writing (there are some documents at the bottom of the page to help you if you have forgotten some of these skills!).
Things to remember:
- Use paragraph breaks when you have a change of time, place or subject.
- Use adverbials and time connectives to open your sentences and paragraphs (don't forget your comma if it's a fronted adverbial!).
- Use expanded noun phrases and commas in a list.
- Use subordinating conjunctions (if, when, while, since, before, as soon as, because, while) with commas to demarcate your subordinate clauses.
- Use coordinating conjunctions (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so) to join independent clauses.